Friday, January 23, 2015

Welcome

Hi guys! (And when I say that I mean guys and girls!)

As I think about topics to talk about, I think back on my own path which began just over 10 years ago (at least for the recording studio). I was always in bands and was on the "other side" of the glass (the "talent"). Now I'm on "this side" (the engineer). And honestly, when I started my recording studio, I didn't have a clue!! Everything I have learned, I have learned on my own through reading, tutorials, books, talking with friends in the business, trial and error, and lots and lots of hard work!

I work on a mac G5 running Pro Tools. But, really, it doesn't matter your DAW of choice. What matters is how you do things. Some of what I cover will be specific for pro tools users, but many things will be on song-writing, producing, mixing, etc.

As an example, I remember how intimidated I was with the 'Preferences' setting (under 'Setup') in pro tools. I didn't go in there for the first 5 years! But now, I'm in there all the time making custom settings that help me do my job easier! And this is a topic I will be covering in a blog later.

And - I will always try to keep these short and to the point. I will not "ramble".

And remember . . . . make it a great day!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment